Oh my coconut, I am so excited to share with you guys my new recipe. Without leaving you with any guilty feelings, these delicious raw guilt-free bounty bars let you escape to a warm and tropical destination. While you let the chocolate cover melt in your mouth, it reveals to you the fresh taste of coconut nibs.
Serving: 10 bars
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Harden in freezer: 105 minutes (divided in three sessions)
Preservability: 1 week in the fridge
300 gram of raw organic flakes (I used the meat of two fresh coconuts)
2 tablespoons of raw honey
The chocolate outer layer
5 big pitted medjool dates
5 tablespoon raw cacao powder
2 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon coconut flower sugar
1 pinch pink Himalayan salt
- If you choose to use the fresh coconut meat, mix the coconut pieces with the honey in the food processor. Keep processing it until it has become a sticky but solid substance.
- Take a tablespoon of the filling and press it together with your hands firmly until it become a rectangle. If the coconut still falls apart when pressing it together, try to add some extra honey and coconut oil. Repeat this nine times to have ten equally-sized coconut bars.
- Place the coconut bars onto a tray covered with parchment paper and let them harden in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Now it is time to make the chocolate layer. Put all the chocolate ingredients in the food processor and pulse until it becomes a smooth consistency.
- Get the coconut bars from the freezer and dip them one by one in the chocolate mass.
- Put them back in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden, after which you dip them again in the chocolate sauce for a thicker coating of chocolate.
- Freeze them again for 60 minutes and… you are done!
The best is that you can keep them for one whole week in the fridge. Warning: I only cannot guarantee they will not be in your belly by that time.
Enjoy. Have you made this before? I’d love to hear from you.
Until next time!