Happy FriYAY guys! In celebration of the weekend, I am sharing with you the recipe of my favourite drink at the moment: matcha latte. Actually I have a weakness for literally everything made of matcha, but the combination of matcha with latte is my favourite. This green drink is delicious, gives me an energy boost in the morning and curbs my sugar craving. Also, this is the perfect way for me to get myself through this pertaining cold weather in The Netherlands. Pamper yourself with a delicious and easy to make matcha latte too!
Serving: 2 cups of matcha latte
Preparation time: 5 minutes
2 tsp matcha powder
500 ml almond milk
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp melted coconut oil
2 tsp raw honey
2 tbsp hot water
- Add the matcha powder, coconut oil, honey, cinnamon and hot water into a bowl.
- Whisk it all together with a bamboo whisk to make a thick green paste. Make sure to not mix it for more than 30 seconds, This to prevent the matcha from tasting bitter.
- Pour the almond milk into a pan and heat it for around 2-3 minutes, but do not let it boil.
- Add the green paste to the milk and stir it together.
- Put the mixture in a bowl and whip it with a milk frother or blender.
- Divide the matcha latte evenly among the two mugs.
- For the finishing touch, you can add a few sprinkles of green tea powder and cinnamon on top.
Enjoy and cheers to the weekend!
I’m looking forward to make it again this weekend. Who is with me? What is your favourite matcha latte recipe? Share them below in the comments. And remember to stay warm in this autumnal weather my loves.
Until next time!