Lately, I have become addicted to granola bars. They are really my favorite, especially when my craving attack kicks in around 04:00 pm. The best is that they are made of only natural ingredients and are clean, vegan & sugar-free. So they leave you with a satisfied belly and without any guilty-feelings. These granola bars are easy to make and perfect if you want to reach out for a little snack, whether at work or at home. You can take them with you everywhere you go.
Serving: 8 bars
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Bake time: 15 minutes
Harden in fridge: 60 minutes
Preservability: 1,5 week in the fridge
100 gram old fashioned rolled oats
200 gr pitted medjool dates
150 gr mixed nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashew nuts, Brazil nuts)
150 gr mixed seeds (pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, pine nuts)
50 gr gojiberries
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 tbsp raw honey
1 tbsp water
½ tsp cinnamon
1½ tsp salt
1. Preheat your oven to 200°.
2. Line a 9-by-5 inch pan with parchment paper. This enables you to easily take out the cooked
bars. Set it aside until it is ready to use.
3. Remove the pits from the medjool dates.
4. Place the nuts and dates into the food processor. Since I like the granola bars to have a little bit of bite, I do not mix the seeds together with them. I process for approximately 10 seconds until they become smaller parts of which the structure is still visible. If you prefer, you can also include the seeds and process longer to let them resemble a thick dough.
5. Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them all together until it becomes one sticky whole.
6. Press the mix firmly into the bottom of the lined pan with your hands or spatula.
7. Bake the granola mix in your preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes at 200° until the top turn into a nice light golden colour.
8. Let the granola bars cool for 10 minutes and then put them in the fridge for 1 hour to harden and further chill down.
9. Cut the firmed granola plate into 10 equally-sized bars and wrap them in saran wraps.
Voilà they are ready to eat. Enjoy!
Have you made granola bars before? What ingredients you love to put into your bars?
I’d love to hear from you! Until next time.
3 thoughts on “Homemade Skinny Granola Bars”
Loved your yummy recipe………will try it 🙂
Thank you! You should definitely try it out, I hope you enjoy it 😉